Primary Purpose and Function
The Primary Therapist, Addiction is responsible for providing residential addiction and mental health treatment as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team. The therapist fulfills direct service, including individual, couple/family and group psychotherapy, consultations, and crisis intervention.
· Licensed PhD, PsyD, LMFT or LCSW
· Two years’ experience working in substance abuse treatment, preferably in a residential setting.
· Computer typing skills and ability use various software programs
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Proficiency in evidence-based individual and group treatment for addiction and dually-diagnosed clients.
2. Knowledge of the philosophy and approach of the 12-step model of recovery (AA, CA, NA, Al-Anon, etc.)
3. Conduct mental status examinations.
4. Crises intervention services, including 5150 determinations.
5. Treatment Planning.
6. Participation in Treatment Team meetings and Case Conference Reviews.
7. Knowledge of current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and relate issues.
8. Conduct assessments of clients at the time of admission and re-assessments as required.
9. Maintains comprehensive clinical documentation that meets or exceeds relevant legal, ethical and accreditation standards.
10. Ability to write clear (and concise) statements, summarizing client’s feelings, expressions, resistance and response to their treatment plan; goals and objectives.
11. Provide appropriate diagnoses and treatment recommendations based on a review of the client’s history, signs, and symptoms.
12. Provide individual, couple/family, and group psychotherapy.
13. Public speaking, psycho-educational lectures.
14. Adherence to accreditation standards.
15. Responsible for referent communication and case management for client caseload (with client’s written consent).
16. Age and Gender specific counseling skills – Aware of needs of different age groups and genders.
17. Multi-Cultural counseling skills – Ability to communicate and aware of needs of patients of varying cultural backgrounds.
18. Knowledge of current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and relate issues.
19. Provide in-service training to staff on topics as needed.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org