Newport Academy – California & Connecticut
Newport Academy is dedicated to providing comprehensive, gender specific, integrated treatment programs for adolescent males and females in an environment of caring and compassion by which teens and their families may recover from the destructive effects of substance abuse and related behavioral health issues.
Family and Primary Therapists, Bethlehem and Darien, Connecticut
Newport Academy is currently seeking primary and family therapists responsible for providing res addiction and mental health treatment to adolescents in our residential and intensive out-patient treatment programs. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the therapists will perform direct services, including individual, family and group psychotherapy, assessments, consultations and crisis interventions. The primary therapist is part of the Clinical Department and reports to the Clinical Director.
- MA or PhD in the behavioral health field with current licensure in CT.
- Strong group therapy skills.
- Excellent individual and family therapy skills and knowledge of systemic family therapy.
- Minimum of three years experience working in a treatment setting, experience in a residential setting preferred.
- A minimum of three years direct experience working with adolescents and young adults with chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of and experience with the 12-step recovery model.
- Conduct assessments of clients at the time of admission and re‐assessments as required.
- Maintain comprehensive clinical documentation such as treatment, aftercare and discharge plans that meet or exceed relevant legal, ethical and accreditation.
- Responsible for referent communication and case management for client caseload.
- Provide individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
- Prepare clinical summaries for utilization reviews and perform peer to peer insurance reviews as needed.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com